Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Summer Fest Simple Zipper Bag

Good morning! Today Fat Quarter Shop is releasing a fun new video tutorial featuring the Simple Zipper Bag with Sherri McConnell.

They are super cute and so easy to make. I made the large version and a modified smaller version.
I used April Rosenthal's beautiful new fabric line Summer Fest for my bags. 

For the larger bag I used a mix of the fabrics from the charm pack.

For the smaller bag I used only the red and aqua from the line. Summer Fest has some fabulous reds and aquas. This little pouch will be perfect for little notions and things. 

They are so fast to make too. I'm sure I'll be making more! My only regret is that I didn't use the suggested zipper. The hole on my zipper pull was too small to add the cute fabric pull to it. So that's something to keep in mind. 

Here is the link for the video. I was unable to embed it for some reason this morning. I will do that as soon as I can.
VIDEO IS HERE
Here are the other bloggers sewing along! Check out their bags and see what fabrics they used.

Erin from Why Not Sew?
Kitty from Night Quilter
Leanne from She Can Quilt
Vanessa from Lella Boutique
Amanda from Jedi Craft Girl
Sherri from A Quilting Life
Cristy from Love You Sew
Leslie from Seasoned Homemaker
Tiffany from Tiny Seamstress

Can't wait to see these fun bags from everyone else!

Happy Sewing!
xo Erin

4 comments:

Sherri said...

I love the Summerfest fabric for these!

Thanks so much for sewing along!

Christine S said...

So pretty!

Paige said...

Adorable little bags! Great job!

Malinda said...

Love these bags - Summerfest is a great choice!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...