Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Kimberly's Sac Sew Along











Hello quilty friends! Today I want to share this really cute bag I made using a new pattern from Kimberly Jolly of Fat Quarter Shop and Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts. The bag is called Kimberly's Sac. 

I was in need of a new bag /purse so I was happy to be making this one. I used Vintage Picnic by Bonnie & Camille and Essex Linen for my bag. I intended to use the navy, red and aqua prints with the polka dot Mochi linen by Moda but... I started pairing up the corally pinks and greens from the line and went in that direction. I'm a sucker for pink and green! There's a little splash of aqua too. I used a cute button I made years ago from a little scrap of the much loved blue eyelet/seed from Flea Market Fancy. I stipple quilted the body and used a wide zig zag stitch for the bottom quilting. I love how it turned out. My oldest girl loved it too so I decided to give it to her. I'm making a bag for myself now with the navy, reds and aquas. I'll share it with you when I finish.

The instructions in the pattern were great. It didn't take too long to make either. A step-by-step video on making the bag with Kimberly and Joanna can be found HERE.

The pattern can be found HERE.

I used 2 of these swivel D-rings for my bag.

I can't wait to see some other versions of Kimberly's Sac. The fabric choices are so fun for this cute bag.

Happy Sewing!
xo Erin


6 comments:

Jacque. said...

Great job, Erin. I love that bag and the fabrics you used...so you! xo

Little Penpen said...

What a cute bag! I love the colors!

Terry said...

Really cute bag, love the fabrics you used.

Carried Away Quilting said...

This is so, so pretty Erin!!

Michaelanne said...

I love it Erin!! Thanks for all the link ups for directions!

donna said...

You did a great job on that super cute bag Erin. Perfect fabric's
Hugs
donna

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...