Friday, May 3, 2013

Sweet Quilt Finished









I finished my "Sweet" quilt!!! The quilting was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. It was heavy and big but I broke it down into quarters and never had more than that under my machines throat at one time. I only quilted about 1 bobbin at a time. That's all baby and my shoulders would allow. So 11 bobbins later (including binding) it's done and we have been sleeping cozily under it. This is about a 3 year old (slow) work in progress (WIP) and my all time favorite fabric line (Sweet by Urban Chiks for Moda). I am so happy it's finished.

The weather has been gorgeous and it's hard to stay indoors when the sun is shining and birds are singing. We found a hatched Robin's egg and that led us to do a little study about Robins. Here is neat site with lots of info. They are very interesting little birds. All the buds and blooms are beautiful and smell so good. I receive a bundle of wildflowers almost daily from eager little hands. There really is nothing more sweet. The windows are open at night and we fall asleep being serenaded by some of my favorite sounds, peepers and the whippoorwill.

Have a happy weekend!!!
xo Erin

***pattern is from Crazy Mom Quilts Flea Market Fancy quilt***

20 comments:

Kris said...

What a beautiful quilt! That is a large one to do the machine quilting on your domestic machine!
Now I am going to go read about Robins. I am a bird nerd, and love all of them!!!
xo Kris

Kar said...

Worth the wait. Simple and cheery! Enjoy the beautiful weather. :)

Carla said...

It's gorgeous Erin---again!

Frances Meredith said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos. I love the way you have used the subtle directional print on your blocks

cnydalynn said...

that is beautiful and so big.

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

It's really lovely! Such a great feeling to finish long term wips :o)

Nanette Merrill said...

It is very sweet. All your photos are lovely. You are very talented.

Sewing Mom said...

It's truly lovely!

QuarterMileQuilts said...

So lovely and sweet!

Whitney said...

beautiful finish . .i think i started to doze off there as you were painting the picture of a perfect spring day!:)

Anna said...

Well done for finishing your lovely quilt, it's super! What a lot of quilting!

Pieces of Cotton said...

Sweet is right - I love those soft pastels.

Clover and Violet said...

Love your quilt!

Heidi Staples said...

Gorgeous photos, Erin -- I love them all!

Nancy in NV said...

Three years in the making. It was worth it. Love the fabrics. Great Job.

Mountain Home Quilts said...

You did it, my friend!! It looks wonderful. And the pictures of out and about are lovely. Makes me want to come and visit. ♥

Christine S said...

This is so very pretty, love it!

Helen said...

Love your blog and all your quilts.thanks for the tutorial on hand piecing I am definitely going to try it. I am curious how to prepare the hand pieced quilts for quilting do you iron or just finger press ?Helen

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

You did a great job!!

Isn't it wonderful to hear the birds singing again and seeing the flowers bloom! I love this time of year....

Rebecca said...

Sweet is the perfect name! So sweet.

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...